Simplicity. Elegance. Refinement. These are the qualities that a mid-century modern sofa will bring to your living room.
Elevating the rest of your décor while imbuing your home with a touch of nostalgia, a sofa in the mid-century style can serve as an aesthetic and functional focal point for modern living.
No matter your budget, there is a mid-century modern sofa out there which is the ideal fit for your living room and personal style.
Below, you can check out product overviews for high-quality sofas from trusted manufacturers. One or more of these beautiful sofas is bound to catch your eye.
Best Mid-Century Modern Sofas
Last update on 2020-07-02 from Amazon Product Advertising API
1. Rivet Brooke Mid-Century Modern Tufted Leather Sofa
With its thin brass legs, the 82” Rivet Brooke Mid-Century Modern Tufted Leather Sofa has an almost “weightless” effect. You can purchase it upholstered in cognac leather or gray fabric. It comes with bolster arms and a 1-year warranty.
- Setup is fast and easy and should take no longer than around 30 minutes.
- The legs are sturdy and the leather and wood frame are high in quality.
- The sofa combines elegance and comfort, embodying both form and function.
- Even unassembled, the sofa components may be hard to transport to an upstairs apartment.
This simple, elegant sofa would complement any residential or business interior.
2. Rivet Damien Mid-Century Modern Channel-Backed Sofa
This sofa is similar to the Rivet Brooke Mid-Century Modern Tufted Leather Sofa. But the back is channelled, and the legs are made of tapered wood rather than brass. It measures 87″W x 38″D x 32″H, and comes with the same 1-year warranty and 30-day return policy as the tufted sofa. Two smaller versions are available as well.
- Choose between cognac leather and felt gray.
- The upholstery is stain-resistant and easy to keep clean.
- The high-density foam is comfortable and holds its shape well.
- The frame is made of solid hardwood for superior durability.
- You can complete assembly within 15 minutes.
- Sometimes wear can be evident around the armrests. But overall, the materials are durable.
With its quality upholstery, elegant channels and durable frame, this sofa can fit any interior beautifully.
3. Rivet Revolve Mid-Century Modern Upholstered Couch
The Rivet Revolve Mid-Century Modern Upholstered Couch measures 80” in width, and features removable cushions. It also comes with a 30-day refund guarantee and a 1-year warranty.
- You can remove the cushions to wash them.
- Attaching the legs is all that is required to assemble the sofa.
- The sofa is available in black, caramel, chestnut, denim, grey weave, heritage green, linen, or storm grey.
- Sometimes one of the zippers may break, but this seems to be a rare flaw.
The traditional look and feel of this couch allow it to blend in well with most modern décor.
4. Rivet Sloane Mid-Century Modern Sofa
The Rivet Sloane Mid-Century Modern Sofa measures 79.9” and features a tufted back and two long cushions. The frame is hardwood and the tapered legs are made of beech.
- The sofa is available in caramel, yellow, emerald green, denim, pebble, shell and storm.
- The back is tufted by hand for extra quality.
- The materials are durable and beautiful.
- The legs and the back are both removable.
- The cushions on the sofa are not as soft as those on the matching chair which is available. Then again, some buyers may prefer this.
If you prefer firmer cushions and need a sofa with a removable back, this one is a good option.
5. Rivet Frederick Mid-Century Modern Velvet Couch
If you are looking for a mid-century modern sofa which features velvet upholstery, consider the Rivet Frederick Mid-Century Modern Velvet Couch. It measures 77.5” in width, and is available in forest green or navy blue. There is a 1-year warranty and 30-day return policy.
- The velvet upholstery is soft and cozy, making for an elegant appearance together with the metal legs.
- You can assemble the sofa within just half an hour by attaching the legs.
- Velvet is not the easiest material to keep clean.
If you love the look and feel of velvet, this sofa is an excellent purchase.
6. Rivet Berkshire Mid-Century Modern Couch
If you want a sofa with lumbar pillows in the mid-century modern style, consider the 82.6” Rivet Berkshire Mid-Century Modern Couch. Like the other sofas we have shared thus far, it comes with a 30-day guarantee and a 1-year warranty.
- The sofa features lumbar pillows for extra support.
- You can attach the legs and set up the sofa within 30 minutes.
- The arms feature piping and are angled downward to achieve a quintessentially mid-century modern profile.
- There aren’t a lot of color options, just two shades of gray.
Those with back problems who could benefit from some extra support may do well to purchase the Rivet Berkshire Mid-Century Modern Couch.
7. Rivet Midtown Mid-Century Modern Upholstered Couch
Buyers looking for a couch which looks as roomy and inviting as it feels will want to check out the Rivet Midtown Mid-Century Modern Upholstered Couch. The sofa is available in two widths: 92” and 68.5”. The sofa is backed by a 30-day guarantee and 1-year warranty.
- The arms and cushions are angled outward on all sides, providing an expansive appearance.
- The cushions can be removed to clean them.
- The legs are made of sturdy beech, and the frame is solid hardwood.
- You can assemble the sofa in just 30 minutes.
- The only colors offered are cream and charcoal.
If you want a sofa with extra room for long, comfortable binge sessions, this is the right one for you.
8. Modway Engage Mid-Century Modern Fabric Sofa
Love low sofas which emphasize horizontal lines for a sleek, classic mid-century look? The Modway Engage Mid-Century Modern Fabric Sofa measuring 90.5″ is a bold choice for your interior.
- Plenty of colors are available: atomic red, azure, beige, citrus, expectation gray, granite, gray, aqua, oatmeal, sunny, teal and wheatgrass.
- High-quality polyester upholstery and tapered wood legs make for a durable build.
- On occasion, a unit may ship out with a defect that makes it impossible to attach one or more of the legs.
It is hard to beat this sofa when it comes to aesthetics; it instantly grabs the eye and is the ultimate mid-century modern statement piece.
9. Modway Remark Mid-Century Modern Sofa
Those in the market for a somewhat unusual sofa may like the Modway Remark Mid-Century Modern Sofa. The defining feature of this 74” is the set of multi-color buttons on the tufted back.
- You can purchase the sofa in a variety of colors, with or without the multi-colored buttons. It is the brown and gray versions of the product which come with the colorful buttons. While the overall design is elegant and understated, the buttons add a touch of fun and whimsy.
- The tapered wood legs and the rugged polyester stand up to wear and tear.
- Sometimes the stuffing in the cushions may not hold its shape as well as you might like.
Consider this sofa if you want a couch which expresses your sense of fun and style.
10. Modway Beguile Mid-Century Modern Sofa
The Modway Beguile Mid-Century Modern Sofa features multiple tufted cushions in back and measures 83.5″W. The flared arms and low profile of the sofa give it a nostalgic appearance.
- The durable polyester upholstery is available in a range of different colors.
- The legs of the sofa are made out of durable and beautiful stained beech.
- All cushions are removable. You can use Velcro to secure them when you put them back.
- The stuffing is pretty dense, which makes the sofa a bit more firm than some customers may prefer.
This sofa combines the look of a tufted back with multiple removable cushions beautifully.
11. Modway Empress Mid-Century Modern Fabric Sofa
Similar in appearance to the Modway Beguile Mid-Century Modern Sofa, the Modway Empress Mid-Century Modern Fabric Sofa likewise features multiple tufted cushions and measures 84.5″ wide.
- Choose from a variety of colors. In any hue, the polyester upholstery is both luxurious and durable.
- The tapered legs feature non-marking foot caps.
- The non-flared design of the arms may fit some small living rooms better.
- The stitching around the buttons can sometimes come loose or the fabric around them can tear.
If you like the Modway Beguile Mid-Century Modern Sofa, but prefer a version where the arms are not flared and there are only two cushions, the Modway Empress Mid-Century Modern Fabric Sofa fits the bill.
12. Stone & Beam Hillman Mid-Century Modern Sofa
The 78″ Stone & Beam Hillman Mid-Century Modern Sofa features large, cozy cushions which you can remove if necessary. It is available in two shades of gray.
- While many mid-century sofas are backed by a 1-year warranty, this one features a 3-year warranty.
- It takes no more than 15 minutes to assemble the sofa.
- With its fluffy cushions, this sofa has a more “comfy” appearance than many other mid-century styles.
- While this sofa is deep, some people may find it to be overly so.
Consider this sofa if the sleek, streamlined appearance of many other mid-century sofas does not satisfy your desire for a plush, cozy look and feel.
13. Edloe Finch Mid-Century Modern Pink Velvet Sofa
Sitting low to the floor and available in four colors (blush pink, blue velvet, green velvet and gray velvet), the 87” wide Edloe Finch Mid-Century Modern Pink Velvet Sofa is a study in stunning simplicity.
- The solid eucalyptus wood frame, the luxurious velvet and the polished metal legs are as sturdy as they are beautiful.
- It takes only 15 minutes to attach the legs with the included hardware.
- A 2-year warranty backs up your purchase. The manufacturer has a reputation for stellar customer service.
- There is a flaw which causes the legs to bend sometimes.
If you want a velvet sofa which doesn’t include a tufted back, this one may be just what you are looking for.
14. AC Pacific Mid-Century Modern Sofa
The AC Pacific Mid-Century Modern Sofa combines sleek, simple horizontal lines with full, cozy cushions for a sumptuous look and feel. It measures 86” wide, and comes in two different shades of gray.
- The tapered espresso legs, hardwood frame and polyester blend upholstery are all durable for a long lifespan.
- You can spot clean the upholstery with ease.
- The foam may be a bit hard for some tastes. You won’t really “sink into” this sofa. But for some people, this extra support could be beneficial.
If you need the extra support which firm cushions provide, you may find this sofa more appealing than competing products.
15. Christopher Knight Aidan Mid Century Modern Sofa
Want tufting on both the back and bottom cushions of your sofa? The Christopher Knight Aidan Mid Century Modern Sofa measuring 72” could be the perfect addition to your living room.
- This beautiful couch has a classy appearance and is available in three colors: gray, beige, and red.
- The frame and legs are made of sturdy, luxurious birch.
- This sofa is very affordable, even for those shopping on a tighter budget.
- Some buyers feel the cushions are too firm, others that they are not firm enough.
The Christopher Knight Aidan Mid Century Modern Sofa is a wonderful choice if you are on a budget and love tufting.
16. Container Furniture Mid Century Modern Tufted Sofa
Another budget option to consider with a tufted back is the 71.7” Container Furniture Mid Century Modern Tufted Sofa.
- The price for this lovely mid-century sofa is very affordable.
- The upholstery is 2-tone matte velvet, and the legs are solid wood. These materials are both beautiful and robust.
- The sofa is only available in gray.
Those on a budget shopping for an eye-catching yet simple sofa may do well to make this purchase.
17. Zinus Benton Mid-Century Modern Upholstered Sofa (Gray)
The 76” Zinus Benton Mid-Century Modern Upholstered Sofa is another budget option with a tufted seat and back.
- There is an excellent balance between firm and soft, making the cushions exquisitely comfortable.
- You can assemble this couch in mere minutes.
- The sofa is only available in gray and red.
As a budget mid-century sofa, this one provides superior comfort in an affordable package.
18. Zinus Mikhail Mid-Century Upholstered Sofa (Red)
This is the ruby red weave alternative to the Zinus Benton Mid-Century Modern Upholstered Sofa above. 76.4” wide, it is a little different, featuring three tufted back cushions rather than two.
- You do not require tools to assemble the sofa, which you can do within 20 minutes or less.
- The wood frame and polyester upholstery can stand up to daily use as you enjoy your minimalist sofa.
- The sofa may be a bit small for some occupants.
If you are looking for a smaller sofa at a great price featuring mid-century design, this one is worth thinking about.
19. Mellow Adair Mid-Century Modern Sofa
Another sofa featuring a striking minimalist design is the Mellow Adair Mid-Century Modern Sofa, which measures 73”.
- You can assemble this sofa within just a few minutes.
- The armrests come with storage pockets.
- The frame is made of strong eucalyptus.
- Your purchase is backed by a 1-year warranty.
- The low profile and single row of buttons is the essence of minimalist simplicity.
- Although the upholstery is rugged, it also is a bit coarse.
As a minimalist statement piece at a reasonable price, this sofa provides you with excellent value.
20. Pulaski Mid-Century Modern Button Tufted Sofa
One more budget option is the Pulaski Mid-Century Modern Button Tufted Sofa, available in three shades of gray and measuring 74”.
- The polyester heathered fabric is extremely durable.
- The padding in the cushions is just the right amount to provide firm support while still feeling soft and cozy.
- The sofa’s appearance isn’t quite as sleek as many competing mid-century modern products.
For superior comfort and the convenience of pockets for your remotes, think about choosing the Pulaski Mid-Century Modern Button Tufted Sofa.
Now you are familiar with some of the luxurious mid-century modern sofas which are on the market today. As you can see, no matter your budget, there are numerous beautiful options to consider.
Click on any of the links in this article to learn more or purchase one of these sofas. Once you assemble your ideal sofa, it will become the focal point of your living room, uniting comfort, style and nostalgia for a refined look.